Monday, February 17, 2014

About Communication

From what I can learn from this podcast project, it would relate to how I communicate to the outside world. To me, communication means the process in which I convey and project information to another person. So for that to happen I must find a clear and concise method in order for the information that is being conveyed doesn't get mixed up or mistaken for something else. So in short, communication is the method to project some piece of information in a way that is clear. As result, I can learn from this project to communicate to others using a different medium (video) and by using a different language than my native one. I can get used to using a video medium and, by the script and talking on film, get used to speaking and writing in Japanese than what I am accustomed in classroom settings.  Also, how much fun it can be to do a video for others to see.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Jose san,

    As you mentioned, choosing the most effective medium, such as video, is important in communicating with other people. However, what you want to communicate is, I believe, more important. I could not get what your group is going to communicate with us from this blog post.

    Anyway, good luck for your podcast presentation!!

    TA_S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is true and I completely agree with it. Ah...I kind of found out that the post has to relate to out podcast specifically and not just about communication a few days after. But thank you!

      Delete
  2. Jose san,

    There is no doubt that video is a very special medium that can present very vivid information. I agree with you that in the video, everything is different from what we learned in class. It is a challenge and a opportunity at the same time. Good luck with your project!

    Peng

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peng. A challenge and opportunity indeed. Good luck with your's!

      Delete
  3. Jose san,

    I agree wholeheartedly with your definition of communication, which is conveying ideas in a clear and precise manner. It is true that sometimes our meanings can get lost in interpretation - I like that your goal is the clear and effective transfer of information. I am eager to see your podcast and hear your Japanese dialogue!

    Anna Raskind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna. I am also eager to see your podcast and Japanese dialogue. Good luck working on it!!

      Delete